Alright! Namaste!

The 7th month has begun! I am officially, undoubtedly and irrefutably past my half volunteering period. I am scared of returning home! 


Scared, not in a metaphorical sense or even in a poetic melancholic way. I don’t know what my life would be like when I return back home. A lot hangs on my experience here. I have to make the next 5 months count, both for my memories (life is but a dream) and my career (a year in Europe means a lot to my job and education perspectives). 


I have therefore, discussed with my coordinator about what I’d like to know before I depart. I want to carry some substantial competence from Italy that would be difficult to find in Nepal. I want to learn how to properly run a youth organization that has volunteering as a main focus. I feel, Inco, through its ups and downs can inadvertently teach me what to do and also what not to do. Most of it depends upon me, what questions to ask and to whom. 



Sono Contento! I am content.  Italy has made me happier.


 

The contentedness comes from so many places; 

  1. Books and reflection: I finished Anna Karenina (took me 2 months, felt like 7), The Metamorphosis and The Death of Ivan Ilych. I feel more intense and observant purely due to the books I’ve read. The Death of Ivan Ilych shook me. Death is omnipresent. 

  2. Friendship and illusions: I feel loved quindi I can love more. I feel seen quindi I can see. The duality of Māyā माया: love and illusion is omnipresent. 

  3. Lakes and cities: The other volunteers will share my passion for chilling on the lake and travelling to other nearby cities. You know it too! <3 

  4. Work: We wrote a lovely youth project ‘Polar Positives’! It was pretty stressful, but worth the work. The Deegeays project is now in full-fledge and we are even looking for flights to see if we can have a proper meeting here in Trento for the team (please don’t quote me on this). 

  5. Coffee! 


I need to find, however, a method/tool to retain this happiness when I return back home. I am proving this through growing my competence. 

Vediamo!

-Sagar Ghimire