Volunteers

Volunteers working together for Go Social Blog

       Here you will find some information about Go Social participants. 6 volunteers from 6 different countries will share their stories on this Blog. Let's get to know them!


Ana Makharashvili from Georgia


“I work for Caritas with refugees in Bolzano, Italy. The name of my project is “Go Social” and my job is about helping people with a risk of social inclusion. Besides, I love art, traveling, exploring new cultures and photography." 


Berta Ruiz-Alejos from Spain

I'm here in Italy to do the European Voluntary Service. I finished university two years ago and I decided to start this new experience. I studied Fine Arts at the University of Leioa upv/ehu in Bilbao. I graduated specializing in illustration.
I am passionate about art and everything that is around it, like cinema or music. I am a happy and easygoing person with a lot of energy to create new projects. I always love being with people different from me, using humor in order to communicate with others.”


Daniel Krisch from Austria

I am doing my EVS project in a nursing home in Bolzano, Italy. I chose to do the civil service (which is still obligatory in Austria) in Italy to improve my language skills in italian, to learn about the culture and obviously because of the food!!
What do I do all day long? My work starts at nine in the morning when me and my colleague start to prepare snacks and beverages for the residents of the nursing home. We then carry them around to several activities like for example gymnastics, Tombola (a game like Bingo) or music-therapy.”


Nina Dentler from Germany


I’m from Germany where I've just finished high school. The EVS is a gap year for me in order to get to know a different country with its language, culture and people. Concluded I want to get another point of view, become more open-minded in general and meet people with dissimilar experiences which can be shared. The most important thing for me is to find an interesting and fun working space which can be defined as spending time with children to do some sports and to play with them.


Roxane Bernard from France


“I'm French and this year I'm a volunteer in Casa Lamar, in Trento and I'm working with people with AIDS. My volunteering consists to accompagny people in their daily life. Usually i help other workers, I go with the people to drink a coffee or to walk. I can propose some activities and I can participate in very important moments in Casa Lamar. I graduated in France last year as a social worker. I love travelling, watching movies and spending time with other people.”


Seda Orhan from Turkey


“I arrived in Italy almost 2 months ago for a volunteer project. I work in the nursing home with elders. Why did I choose this project? Because I’m a nurse and I think this project will be beneficial for my future job and my CV. Also it’s a great experience for my life and I’m happy to have chosen this project, because I spend time with so cute elders and besides, I love Italy.”