Christmas Markets


Ciao a tutti!!
I’ve left behind 3 months in Italy. Time is passing fast. This month my topic is ‘Christmas Markets’ because I wanna write about something new for me. Christmas Markets have been opened in the end of November. I didn’t know anything about Christmas Market before, because there isn’t any in Turkey. Therefore I saw it for time first time in Italy.
I wanna explain a little bit what the Christmas market is for who doesn’t know. The market is open area and it consists of huts. The opening and closing time depends on the city, but I think the atmosphere is more beautiful at the evening because of the lights.
Firstly I went to Christmas market in Bolzano. It was the first opening day, that's why it was so crowded. There were long queues to buy hot wine or some special food. So my first experience I just saw the atmosphere. The second time I went in Trento. Here the Christmas Market is bigger than in Bolzano. Finally I tasted the hot wine. It’s quite delicious and also good choice to be warm. Except wine there are lots of kind desserts and decorations for Christmas. But the bad side is that everything is expensive. I think it’s expensive due to its traditionality and it's only for one month per year. Anyway, I went to see also another Christmas Market in Arco and this Christmas Market is the top of one in Trentino-Alto Adige. There are more huts and more food.
Markets are open area but you can smell different food every five meters when you pass the each hut. But you can’t just pass, you feel like you should taste all of them. So I think, everybody will get weight after this month :))
Once and for all it’s nice place to take hot wine and unwind the day's tiredness with friends.
Seda Orhan
Trento, Italy