BERTA'S EVS


My name is Berta and I'm from a town in La Rioja in northern Spain. I've been lucky enough to find a volunteering project related to what I love the most - art.
I arrived in Bolzano with much enthusiasm and emotion, but without knowing well what I would have found. I started the project in September and in these two months I have been able to start a personal artistic project in the cultural center where I work focused on social integration and I am very happy about it.
My vision of volunteering? For me being a volunteer is not anything, it is doing a job that may not be recognized as such. But it charges all the value of a very valuable job for the people with whom you work daily. I came with the idea of helping and offering the best of me. The expectations that I have for the rest of the year are very good.
For me, EVS is a gift, a time that I can dedicate to my personal development without thinking of winning to survive. If you are under 30, do it! I think it's something that everyone should do!
Berta Ruiz-Alejos
Bolzano, Italy