2021 new year, new challenges

24.01.2021



It is exactly one month since Christmas and Monday will be the first day I will be allowed to go upstairs and work with the elderly in the elderly home I work. I have to admit I am so relieved that this change finally came because honestly I couldn’t stand one more day making decorations for festivities we cant even celebrate this year due to the corona situation. I am very excited to meet all the people I will be working with and collect different experiences. But on the other hand I must say I am a little afraid my basic italien knownledge won’t be enough to understand the elderly. Still I am looking forward to find myself in a new surrounding with new challenges.

Since the last time I wrote to you we developed a close group of friends of us five girls. I am grateful that I met them and built such a close relation in such little time. They helped me to see a more positive point of view on the current Corona situation. We had now more than enough time to go home to our families for Christmas and come back to explore our region (Alto Adige). We got to know the nature of the Alps and saw little villages covered in snow. I still hope we soon will be allowed to travel between regions but I recognized that my current situation wasn’t so bad as I thought. Of course my social service experience is different as I thought but that doesn’t mean it is bad. It just means that it is different.


 

-Leah