Back after Christmas

Three days ago I returned to Trento after spending the holidays back home with my family.




It was really nice to be home and to finally be able to play Cello again. Not having my instrument here is probably one of the things I miss the most when I'm in Italy.
Getting a break from the constant language switching here was also a very nice and much needed change.
The weekend before I went back home, Reme, Juliette and me went to Madonna di Campiglio and while my entire body was frozen in the end, it was one of the coolest days I've had here in Italy.



Seeing so much snow at once was amazing so when I heard that it snowed in Trento while I was back in Germany, I was so much more excited to return here.

Arriving back in Trento was of course sad since I had to leave home once again but I was also happy to see everyone again. I went by train and it was nice to recognize some things that I saw outside even though it was already dark.



I knew that the snow was still here before coming but I didn't expect it to be so much. It looks very pretty and I hope I can go on a hike one of these days before it all melts.

On Friday Reme and I will finally move to the new flat and while I'm excited to (hopefully) no longer having to fear that spiders crawl out of the roof, it's gonna be really weird to no longer have Juliette around in the flat but I'm sure we're still gonna see each other many many times.
With the flat moving, there's also gonna be new volunteers coming and I'm looking forward to meeting them.

Julia Smolla