Getting Rid Of My 'Planungs-/Kontrollzwang'


Ciao ragazziii e benvenuti al mio secondo post!
Right before I start I want to tell you all guys that this is something I would have never immagined. You might ask yourselves what the hell I’m talking about, right? Well, I’m talking about this exact blog post on this exact blog page.
What’s so special about it?
Besides the fact that I wrote it (arrogance-mode: off), I see a glance of irony: back in the days when I went to school for the Italian lessons we thought to write four different types of texts: the essay, the formal e-mail, the informal e-mail and … the blog post! Like in every different subject at school, there were pupils who didn’t like the Italian lessons and were complaining about the unnecessarity of learning how to write a blog post. The main argument against the blog post was that many pupils didn’t believe in its importance and meant that they wouldn’t be going to write blog posts in their future life anyway.
(This is the point at which the irony should kick in)
I, as someone who liked the Italian-lessons, am now the one who will proof all the others wrong!! xD
Anyway… let’s focus on the well discussed blog post…
The topic of today will show you the habits I got used to while living in italy:
First of all, what does the title mean and why is it written in broken-washingmashine (or how some call it „German“)? Well „Kontrolle“ means „controll“, „Planung“ means „planning“ and „Zwang“ means „compulsion“. So by combining the words (which is pretty common in our language) it means „compulsion of planning or controlling.
Back in Austria I used to be someone who always wanted to organize, plan and controll my surroundings with the best possible knowledge about the whens, wheres and hows. I liked it when everything went as planned, which it only did when I perfectly knew about every little detail about every single minute from upcoming plans.
Somehow as soon as I came here in Italy I felt like I got rid of that habit due to the relaxed vibes everywhere… Planning for me looks like this nowadays:
8pm … 9pm … 10pm … „Hey guys, you want to go out tonight?“ … 11pm „Let's go!"
     Surprisingly it works also without knowing every small detail and sometimes just letting go makes even more fun!
Daniel Krisch
Trento, Italy