Making Art


     

Since I've started my Evs project at Cooltour, I discovered that my EVS is much more than I expected. It is not only working in a small newspaper editorial dedicated to a marginalized neighborhood, but much more: every day I interact with different people of different age. I also have the opportunity to develop my own project in this artistic environment, twinned with Artemisia.
Artemisia and a cultural action carried forward by the Cooltour project of the La Strada-Der Weg Onlus association. This action supports and promotes women's art and aims to give a cultural showcase which is a point of information and awareness on gender issues. 
Together with two other companies we made this installation of drawing and photography with the theme of women where we have done a series of Polaroids together to raise awareness about gender violence, since this month has been the day against violence torwards woman, and on the other hand I made a series of drawings of women in the history of art. These five illustrations, extrapolated from the others during the course of the work, are therefore a glimpse of a work I've been creating, which has an objective to be a point of reference for today's artists. 

Berta Ruiz Alejos
Bolzano, Italy