DANIEL'S EVS


Ciao ragazzi and welcome to EVS!!
In my first contribution I wanted to explain why I chose to do an EVS (European Voluntary Service).
I come from Austria and like all the other male Austrians, also I either have to go to the army or I do a year of voluntaring. Since I’m already writing a blog post, the reader (that’s you) might have got a slight impression of what I chose. Furthermore the reader might ask him/herself now, why I am in Italy right now. Well, since the EVS counts as a civil service, it was possible for me to go abroad.
Why did I choose Italy?
I have been studying italian for the last four years and after the time I got so charmed by the language that I decided to train my language skills even more by just living in Italy.
So, enough of the chipchat. What am I doing all day long?
I work as an entertainer in a nursing home (Casa di riposo Villa Serena) in Bolzano. My daily work consists of bringing elderly people (i residenti) from one floor of the mansion to another since there are always some activities for the residents like music therapy, gymnastics or Tombola (a game like Bingo). Together with my colleague Loredana and my supervisor Hanny we manage to brighten up the days of many people and I really hope that this never changes.
Where do I live and how is it?
I live in Trento which is around one hour away from Bolzano (yes I indeed do travel a lot ;D ). Whithin my apartment I live together with a girl from France (Roxane) and a guy from Tenerife (Borja). Sadly I have to move to Bolzano in January since the apartment in Trento was just supposed to be a temporary accommodation for me. Eventhough I will miss my friends from Trento I’m looking forward to living in Bolzano since my workingtimes won’t change (which means, I dont have to get up early in the morning anymore :D )
         As a summary of my first blog post I would say that I’m very happy for having the oportunity to stay in Italy and I’m very excited about my future spent here.

Daniel Krisch
Trento, Italy