ANA'S EVS


For me any kind of experience - good or bad - is important. I think that one of the most important things one can appreciate is time - I always try to learn how to use it sufficiently.
Last summer I finished my University in Tbilisi, Georgia. After finishing it I wanted new things to do. I needed new challenges before my Master. I found this moment the most convenient to do European Voluntary Service and I started to search for exchange programs. During my time as a student I was volunteering for some time and I think that it is an important thing to do. To be mentioned, at University I studied sociology and wanted to find a project which would be close to my profession. I searched for the projects and after a few days I found and applied for one of them.
I think that EVS gives me a lot of possibilities and experience. It helps me to show solidarity, to discover another culture, language (maybe not only one). There is also a personal objective - develop my competences, be initiative, be able to manage my money, learn how to live alone or with other people from different countries and nationalities and characters.
EVS is really perfect for learning new language with free language courses plus communicating with other people.
I chose Italy for my EVS for the reason that it is one of the most interesting, beautiful and adventurous country. On the other hand, EVS is a really good opportunity to make new friends and to develop a good professional network, to discover the culture, the traditions and the history of your hosting country.


Ana Makharashvili
Bolzano, Italy