Feeling misty

 


It’s been 9 months. Nobody really prepares you for when you are about to leave. I have almost built my habits in this place. I even felt so easy and cozy when I returned after a holiday. And it will soon go away. 


I would wake up kinda late, have a ‘cafe lungo in vetro’ at 10:30, lunch at 13:30, leave work at 16:30 to run to the station to catch the train to Caldonazzo to swim a kilometer....return, make dinner and meet at Christina’s balcony to listen to music and chill. (this is for my future self to read...to see what my most days looked like)


The trip around Europe was intense. Mushroom hunting in Austria and feeling poor in Geneva. And Marseille bebe… it made such an amazing impression on me...by simply being Marseille. Marseille felt honest, no filters, no lies. The symphony in Verona Arena was lukewarm (I was too poor for good seats), Rome was too grand for my liking (I did take awesome photos), Vatican’s Museums were impressive and Napoli was just messy enough for me to feel calm in it. 


I reiterate, Italy is the best country for a traveller.



I am in a misty mood. A bit foggy. Like I slept 20 minutes too little. And when I think of happy thoughts, I am reminded of the books Betty gifted me in Marseille, Arthur’s tiny balcony after a long nap and a bit of wine I drank in the middle of Caldonazzo. 



I wanna go for a run. Or a swim. It’s too cold for a swim. Maybe I’ll go run. 


-Sagar Ghimire